CCS News

Provincial Championships - UPDATE

Re: Provincials

 Friday will be a challenging day but it is currently the only really warm day in the forecast.

 We think we have a plan that will preserve the course for racing on Saturday and Sunday.

 As of Monday, the course at The Willows is in good shape. 

 1. We plan to keep packing it and will shovel snow to cover any thin snow patches that develop. We will be closing the course by noon on Friday to preserve the course so we ask that anyone who wants to train on the course do so Friday morning or Saturday morning before the race. 

 2. We will assess the course Friday evening and shovel snow to cover any bare patches that develop.

 3. We will have our grooming equipment available to rip the surface Saturday morning if it freezes Friday night after a thaw during the day.

 We will continue to monitor the weather and course conditions carefully and provide an update on Wednesday or early on Thursday.

 Dan Brisbin

Chief of Competition

2016 Saskatchewan Provincial Cross Country Ski Championships